- Systematically collect data during country specific market analysis
- Supports understanding of condom programming, focusing on the Stewardship & Market Development Pillars
How to use:
- The KII has been structured to capture information in a systematic way in support of the Condom Program Pathway. While long, its unlikely all questions will be used for each interview – and it’s not necessary to ask every question.
- In actual application, it’s a good idea to speak with well-informed stakeholders early in the assessment, such as with the condom focal point at the MoH, or a condom social marketing manager. After the first few interviews, gaps in the market and analysis can be filled in through identifying select questions during follow up interviews.
- Prepare for interviews – reviewing the comprehensive indicators ands questions supporting the KII to pin point the type of questions to ask respondents. Not every respondent will know every answer.
- The KII specifically draws on tools from Path, Abt Associates, and UNFPA.
See Guidance Document for more details.